How to Care After Hair Transplantation?
Once you have undergone your hair transplantation procedure, you need to take some steps in order to protect your hair and scalp. Moreover, after the treatment, there still remains a chance of infection or inflammation. This article will give you an idea of what you should do after your hair transplant procedure.
What precautions should you take?
- Work – You can return to work on the following day but it will also depend on what type of work you do. If you are into some desk job, then you can return to your work but if your work involved physical labor or wearing a helmet, you should not go to work.
- Sports – The doctors will advise you not to get involved in any type of sports for at least a period of 1 month after the procedure. In case you are associated with something like martial arts, this period can be extended even up to 3 months.
- Activities leading to perspiration – Perspiration of your scalp has to be avoided at all costs during the first week.
- Anti-inflammatories – Once you have undergone a transplantation procedure, your scalp might appear a bit swollen and it is completely normal. So, it is advisable to take some anti-inflammatories in order to keep the situation under control for the first week.
- Hats or helmets – You should not wear anything on your head and this includes hats, caps and helmets during the first three days. Helmets should be avoided for at least a month.
- Sleeping – An inflatable collar cushion is advised during the first week so that you can sleep on your back.
- Haircut – If you want to have a haircut, then you can do it after three months but only with a scissor. If you want to apply razor, then you will have to wait for a minimum time span of 6 months.
How to wash your hair?
You will be advised to wash your from the fourth day onwards that too in lukewarm water only. You should not scrape or touch your scalp harshly. You should be very gentle. In the initial days, use a paper towel to soak your hair. You can use a towel only after a month has passed. You can apply pure aloe vera gel in the donor area and it will give a soothing effect. This will give you relief from the itching too.
So, these are some of the things that you should do after your hair transplantation to properly care for your hair and scalp.